About

On November 25, 1845, the First Congregational Church of Schoolcraft was formed.  In 1849, the Church became the First Presbyterian Church and in 1850 the sanctuary was built on the Commons (corner of Clay and Centre Streets).  In 1891, it is noted in the church records that the Church was crowded and full and discussion was held about building a new church on the lot where the parsonage stood (at the corner of Cass and Cedar).  The present church was built at the corner of Cass and Cedar streets in 1892.

Advertisements

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: